Sunday 3 November 2013

Eclipse



Pin hole projection
On Sunday I was lucky enough to witness a partial solar eclipse.  I’ve only ever seen one before in the UK, and in typical UK style it was cloudy that day so did not see anything!   But this time was clear skies and blazing sunshine – perfect viewing weather.  I made my super high tech eclipse viewing device (a box with a pinhole in one end) and stood in my garden with my head in a box! 




My Neighbor had made a piece of glass covered in soot which worked very well to reduce the glare from the sun, and although is probably not as safe as those special viewing glasses you can get we all still have our retinas intact!

Not looking silly at all!





looking through sooty glass







 Pretty cool (in a geeky sort of way)!

No comments:

Post a Comment